You'll Appreciate Jewelry You Make Yourself


by Tom Hays

Making jewelry and other items from metal is truly fascinating. It combines a number of skills, most of which are fairly simple to learn, along with some science and a lot of possibilities for art. Get out the jewelry pliers, tiny saw blades and the Dremel, put on your magnifying visor, and suddenly you are in a private world, where you craft a beautiful silver piece or mount a precious stone on a ring of your own design. Jump in! Sign up with a local instructor.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long ago I signed up for one of these classes, it sounds like so much fun! But I lost my nerve, it was beyond me to figure out what to make, how to design it. Guess it isn't too much of a loss, I don't even wear jewelry, but at least I could give it as a gift if it turned out exotically unique.

Anonymous said...

The bracelet at the top is beautiful!

Tom Hays said...

Thank you Salty Mooch for the compliment!
Anonymous, hang in there with the classes. The bracelet at the top was one I made early on, and it grew out of the process. I had the stone and just started putting things together as I went along. Get your hands busy and a project will evolve! You will be surprised and plaesed!
Tom Hays

Anonymous said...

Yes I believe so!I make my own swarovski bracelet.